Thanks for your interest in serving as an Allen Parks and Recreation volunteer. We welcome individuals and groups to serve in a variety of roles.
For more information, contact us at RecVolunteers@cityofallen.org or call 214.509.4700.
- How do I sign up for a cleanup event or Adopt-A-Spot program?
Cleanup events are coordinated by Keep Allen Beautiful (KAB), a Community Services Department program. Learn more.
- How do I register my group to volunteer?
Register your group by emailing our Volunteer & Training Coordinator or call 214.509.4700.
- What is the online Volunteer Portal?
Watch this 5-minute video tutorial about our online Volunteer Portal (VicNet).
How can I access the the online Volunteer Portal?
- Click here to access the Volunteer Portal - Only approved volunteers can access scheduling features.
- What are the requirements to be a volunteer?
Requirements vary depending on the volunteer program you’re interested in. Visit each program’s web page for information.
- Who should I contact about volunteering for Allen Parks and Recreation?
Learn more and ask questions by emailing our Volunteer & Training Coordinator or call 214.509.4700.
- How soon can I start volunteering?
The approval process ranges from one day to two weeks, depending on the volunteer program you’re interested in. Some of our programs require background screenings or additional documentation to be turned in by the volunteer. You also may need to attend a Volunteer Orientation prior to your first shift. Be sure to watch your inbox, as most communication with prospective volunteers occurs via email.