The Purchasing Division is responsible for the procurement of goods and services required to operate and maintain all departments within the City of Allen.
The Purchasing Division has been awarded the Achievement of Excellence in Procurement by the National Purchasing Institute for the past 19 consecutive years. The award is based on demonstrated excellence for innovation, professionalism, productivity and leadership attributes. In 2019, only 65 cities in the nation received this award. The Purchasing Division is one of only four other recipients to achieve this award for 19 consecutive years.
The Allen Purchasing Division has also been recognized by the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance for its outstanding efforts in saving taxpayer dollars through participation in the Cooperative Purchasing Program.
The City of Allen maintains an online bidding and supplier-management system. This system is separate from Vendor Self Service. Vendors wishing to participate in the electronic bidding process must complete eBid registration.
With the online bidding system, you will:
- Complete and submit your bids online
- Register to receive notifications for City of Allen upcoming bids
- Review bid tabulation and awarded bid information online
Vendors pay no fees for utilizing the online bidding system. Register or view current bid opportunities and additional purchasing information on the eBid System website.
For more information and instructions, please review the eBid Program Guide.
Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL)
The CMBL is a master database used by Texas purchasing entities to develop a mailing list for vendors to receive bids based on the products or services they can provide.
City of Allen promotes the utilization of cooperative purchasing agreements. Cooperative procurement efforts may result when two or more entities combine their requirements to obtain advantages of volume purchases from the same supplier or multiple suppliers using a single IFB (Invitation for Bid) or RFP (Request for Proposal).
Visit the following websites for more purchasing information:
- Department of Information Resources
- Houston-Galveston Area Council Cooperative Purchasing
- State of Texas State Purchasing
- State of Arizona Cooperative Program
- Texas Multiple Award Schedules (TXMAS)
- OMNIA Partners (formerly US Communities & National IPA
- Texas SmartBuy Membership Program (State of Texas Cooperative Purchasing Program)
- TxSmartBuy.com eProcurement System (USE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER)
- Sourcewell (formerly National Joint Powers Alliance)